Terms & Conditions
1.Conditions applicable These Conditions of Sale apply to all contracts for the supply of Goods or Service by Spill Defence Manufacturing Ltd to you to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions. Any order from you gives rise to a binding contract with us only when we have notified you in writing that the order is accepted or when we have made delivery of the Goods to you (if sooner).
2.Specifications All illustrations and specifications are given as a general idea of the Goods described and do not form part of a contract. We reserve the right to incorporate changes or make substitutions without prior notice.
3.Prices Prices quoted exclude Value Added Tax. Every effort is made to charge the prices set out, however we reserve the right to increase the price payable for Goods without prior notice. Prices on the website include delivery to mainland UK only.
4.1 Delivery dates are estimated only and we shall not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from any delay. In particular we shall not be liable for any matter, which results from an act of god, war or riot, extreme weather, strikes, or any other events, which are beyond our control.
4.2 We reserve the right to deliver Goods by installments, each installment being treated as a separate contract.
4.3 Risk in Goods will pass to you on delivery and you should insure accordingly.
4.4 Goods will be delivered at the point most convenient to our carrier. Further transfer or installation within your premises, particularly for large or heavy items, must be arranged prior to delivery and may incur an additional charge.
5.1 Claims for loss or non-delivery of Goods, damage, short delivery or non-compliance with descriptions must be notified in writing (this includes email) to us within ten days of the delivery date. You must not return any items to us until we have authorised you to do so. Original packaging must be returned with any damaged Goods. Claims will only be considered if these conditions are met. Our liability shall be limited to either a replacement free of charge or refund of the proportion of the price attributable to Goods undelivered or damaged at our discretion.
5.2 Goods are not sold for any particular purpose. We shall not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss arising out of or in connection with the sale of Goods to you.
6.1 Credit accounts are opened subject to status and are due on a strict 30 days from invoice date. No set-off is permitted for any reason.
6.2 Where only part of the goods ordered are dispatched, payment shall be made of the contract price attributed to that part.
6.3 Payment by cheque shall be treated as received once your cheque has cleared. In the case of late payment we reserve the right to charge interest at the daily rate of 4% per annum above the base rate of National Westminster Bank Plc both before and after judgement.
6.4 If any payment falls into arrears or you are the subject of any insolvency or related proceedings you must immediately notify us and we will have the right to cancel or postpone any contract, wholly or in part, and to be paid immediately for performance or part performance of any contract date.
7. Ownership of Goods You will own Goods only once we have received payment in full of all sums owed by you. Until such time you must keep such Goods separate from your property, clearly identified as our property, and insured to their full reinstatement value. The proceeds of any insurance claim will belong to us. In the circumstances set out in clause 6.4 you shall allow us to enter your premises at any time in normal business hours to recover and/or resell Goods.
8. Cancellation and return of Goods
8.1 You may only cancel a Contract with our prior consent and on the basis that you will indemnify us against any costs or consequent losses.
8.2 The return of Goods will not be accepted for any reason without prior consent and you will pay any consequential costs.
9. Bribery Prevention This policy defines standards and guidelines in relation to adherence to the anti-bribery measures and standards that should apply to the acceptance and provision of gifts and hospitality. In particular, the policy is designed to comply with The Bribery Act 2010.
10. General Law These conditions and any contract between us shall be subject to and construed in accordance with English law.
11. Acceptance of Terms of Business On commencement of trade with Spill Defence Manufacturing Ltd the above terms of business become effective between both parties.